Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Wish I was there...

Opening day at the FIFA U17 Women's World Cup New Zealand 2008 began as a major tribute to the young girls who gave a great exhibition of how well they can play the game. Both New Zealand and Canada, shown below prior to the first whistle in history of a FIFA Women's U17 World Cup, put on a great show for the fans which ended with a 1-0 win in favor of Canada over the local New Zealand team.



As Chairman of this event for FIFA, I would have really enjoyed being there for this grand opening in front of more than 13,000 fans, but my regional responsibilities kept me in New York. I will join the staff and local organizers at the Semi-Final stage to witness the product of our work over the last couple of years.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sadly you did not make it. But Franz did a great job. You missed an amazing tournament. Korea DPR were worthy winner in the end